Our work doesn't matter when we become silent about things that really matter
- The Blue Cross Blue Shield, The Health of America Report® examined the health of millennials.
- Millennials (ages 34-36) had a Health Index of 93.8 in 2017.
- 43 million women have heart disease – more than HALF do not do exercise to offset the disease.
- 61 percent of the 43 million women with heart disease weren’t meeting the physical activity guidelines recommended by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Healthcare costs were about $4,000 more for women who weren’t exercising compared to those who were.
- A Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) survey and followup analysis by Kaiser Health News found that 26% of 1,200 respondents said they didn’t have a go-to primary care physician.
- Nearly half (45%) of 18-to-29-year-olds said they didn’t have a primary care doctor.
- Millennials tend to want to have access to care right away, they want it immediately and they want to be able to see a doctor quickly.