SUMMARY: Marci Hamilton, a professor at the University of Pennsylvania Constitution, said, “The Constitution is not a suicide pact guaranteeing a right to harm others. The government has the latitude to protect citizens from deadly conditions, especially when the science supporting vaccination is so clear”. We, as a nation, can not allow ignorance and stupidity to endanger us all.
SUMMARY: Not only do booster shots risk depriving millions throughout the world of the vaccine, but there is also is no evidence that additional shots meaningfully reduce death or hospitalization from covid-19 for healthy Americans. (William F. Parker is an assistant professor of pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of Chicago and assistant director of the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics via the Washington Post)
- The CDC is recommending that vaccinated people wear masks again in some states.
- COVID vaccines, already in use, have not received full FDA approval.
- Every family physiican should be recommending COVID vaccinations.
- Telehealth had been decling but mat rise again because of COVID.
- In the meantime pharma is complaing about global tax proposals.
- There is still a lot of vaccine misinformation on social media.
- 99 percent of covid-19 deaths in June were among the unvaccinated.
- 29 percent of Americans said they were unlikely to get vaccinated — up from 24 percent three months earlier.
- Most workers do not want their own employer to require vaccination, including the vast majority of unvaccinated workers (92%).
- The authority of state governments to mandate vaccinations is clear — it goes all the way back to a 1905 Supreme Court case.
- Herd immunity may be impossible because of anti-vaxxers.
- Even though the Delta variant of COVID is highly contagious, people are still choosing not to get vaccinated.
- Concerns about safety, fear of unknown side effects, and misinformation about COVID-19 are some reasons why people may not accept the vaccine.
- Social media has a lot of health misinformation bet they alone can’t be blamed.
- The media stories about the FDA. CDC and new drugs have fostered an era of mistrust with some people.
- DTC marketers need to be more forthcoming when it comes to drug trials and side effects.
WHAT NOW? The Biden administration’s decision to support a temporary waiver of Covid-19 vaccine patents prompted instant outrage in the pharma sector, which argues that the move rides roughshod over their intellectual property rights and will discourage US innovation while sending jobs abroad. Biden’s top trade adviser Katherine Tai said that while the US government still “believes strongly” in intellectual property protections, it supported waiving patents for Covid-19 vaccines to help boost global production of jabs. This is the right and moral decision.
QUICK READ: Some deaths will occur during the COVID-19 vaccination rollout, but these deaths would have happened for other reasons and are unrelated to the vaccine. Vaccine-hesitant groups are peddling misinformation online and conspiracy theories aimed at eroding trust in the COVID-19 vaccine are everywhere forcing people to conduct more research.