- Healthcare is already changing substantially.
- Among the changes are “walk-in” clinics and concierge hospitals.
- Changes will focus around two guiding principles: lowering costs and improving the patient experience.
- Current EHR’s are not user friendly and often despised by HCP’s.
- Patients feel that EHR’s belong to them and want to be able to share their health records easily with other doctors.
- The real potential is for user friendly EHR’s that offer patients and physicians a great online experience.
- The opportunity to engage patients based on their EHR’s is enormous, but it requires a shift from “selling” to “educating & informing”.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Google, Amazon and Apple all have, or are planning to enter, the smart home market. These devices are the future of home and life automation and there are opportunities for insurers, pharma companies and pharmacies to integrate compliance and adherence programs. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY:A central theme in today’s tech industry is that start-ups, which promise to disrupt lucrative businesses, become valued on the basis of fantasies about their potential rather than present reality. Investors are so keen to get a piece of any sexy-sounding startup that they lap up entrepreneurs’ hype—and anyone who asks awkward questions risks being cut out of the funding round in favor of someone more trusting. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Today, 1 in 20 searches on Google is for health-related information.Digital engagement is now a fundamental part of how patients, caregivers, physicians, pharmacists, and others live their lives and there are multiple opportunities for pharma that require organizational shifts. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: The anger at pharma companies is not based, for the most part, on facts, but rather is the channeling of consumer/voter anger. Pharma companies banding together to “win over” elected officials ignores patients who, more and more, are consumers of healthcare and making choices based on, what they feel, is best for them. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Digital marketing is a crucial piece of your overall marketing and should not be left to IT to develop “best in class” patient centered interactive marketing. Continue reading