Pharma has adapted virtual ad boards which is essential for impact marketing. I’ve noticed, however, that some best practices for ad boards seem to be slipping. Here is a checklist..
QUICK READ: It will be more than a year for the U.S. healthcare industry to return to normal, according to a new estimate from InCrowd. Physicians expect the new normal to be sometime around August 2021, once a vaccine for the coronavirus has been distributed. The delay, for some patients, could mean the difference between a lengthy hospital stay and Rx.
QUICK READ: It’s apparent that getting patients back to their doctor is going to be a huge challenge for DTC marketers. Pharma needs to develop a consistent message that motivates patients back into their doctor’s offices.
- Office visits to nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) increased 129 percent.
- Office visits to primary care physicians (PCPs) declined 18 percent from 2012 to 2016 for adults under 65 years old with employer-sponsored health insurance.
- From 2012 to 2016, office visits to NPs and PAs increased each year.
- 80% of physicians are at full capacity or are overextended.
- 62% are pessimistic about the future of medicine.
- 78% sometimes, often or always experience feelings of burnout.
- 23% of physician time is spent on non-clinical paperwork.
- 31% of physicians’ patients do not consistently adhere to their treatment plans
- 88% of physicians indicate that some, many or all of their patients have a social situation (poverty, unemployment, etc.) that poses a serious impediment to their health. Only 1% of physicians indicate that none of their patients have a social situation that poses a serious impediment to their health.