SUMMARY: According to Wolters Kluwer consumers have become savvier about healthcare: they see differences in their healthcare, they know care and medications may cost more, and they believe variations have a number of causes—but mainly result from lack of collaboration across care teams or the system.Continue reading
IN SUMMARY: Most patient’s are not paying attention to DTC TV ads and when they do they are going online to learn more but pharma is being left out of the “conversation” because they don’t provide the information that people want to ask their doctor for an Rx.Continue reading
- Doctors are increasingly worried about loneliness.
- Vivek Murthy, a former surgeon-general of the United States, called loneliness an epidemic, likening its impact on health to obesity or smoking 15 cigarettes per day.
- A study found that in America people always or often feel lonely.
- A study published in 2010 using this scale estimated that 35% of Americans over 45 were lonely.
- Fair balance in TV commercials is largely ignored.
- Today, people go online for health information and go to pharma product websites BEFORE requesting an Rx.
- The “safety page” on pharma websites is still one of the top page views of the website visitors, but they find the content to hard to understand and confusing.
- Online health seekers are turning to social media more and more to share their experiences with prescription drugs.
KEY TAKEAWAY: ROI driven strategies can be in direct competition with patient needs and wants and erode trust pharma companies even further. By executing a DTC strategy that is more focused on helping and listening pharma can slowly begin the journey to reestablish trust with its customers. Continue reading
It was a longshot, but I decided, for my team, that it was worth the risk. How do we communicate, to pharma marketers buried in research data, the voice of the patient & caregiver. The result left some in tears, but brought a new understanding of what we do is so important. Continue reading