SUMMARY: Trust is earned every day. Today, because of the Internet, a lot of attention is placed on day-to-day activities. Pharma has to undress, and that trust is an ongoing process, and leaders cannot rest on the work they have completed, like developing vaccines. More support and improvement of processes are needed.
QUICK READ: In 2017, 11 million deaths—or 22 percent—worldwide were caused by poor diet. More specifically? Of these deaths, 9.5 million were due to cardiovascular disease, over 900,000 to diet-related cancers, over 330,000 to diabetes, and over 136,000 to kidney diseases.
- Pharma companies are making record profits and spending tens of millions of dollars on lobbying.
- Pharma CEO’s have become detached from patients and now tend to see Wall Street as their primary customers.
- Millennial’s working in pharma “expect to be laid off” and therefore they aren’t dedicated to the industry.
- Despite company cultures there are many good people within the pharma industry who fight every day for patients.
- No industry can be customer centric without good people who care about their customers.