According to Kantar, “Drugstore retailers are focusing on transforming to offer value and convenience, as well as become the primary health destination for shoppers.” However, data indicates that people only use chain drugstores for their prescriptions”. Can they evolve into a health destination?
- igital health global venture capital broke records again in 2018 with 698 deals raising a total of $9.5bn.
- Funding for the digital health sector continues to rise, at a 32% increase year-over-year – a pace that will be difficult to maintain this funding pace going into 2019 unless there is “a clear exit path for investors,”.
- In the United States, digital health companies raised close to $7 billion in 2018 with the remaining $2.5 billion coming out of other countries.
- Most doctors say they have not recommended any general health and wellness apps or wearables to their patients. (Source: Kantar)
- For medical-grade devices, the results are similar, with 70% of doctors saying they have not recommended medical-grade web-connected devices to their patients. (Source: Kantar).