SUMMARY: People are anxious because of the resurgence of COVID. Unfortunately, there is a lot of false and bad information online. To get accurate information, follow one of the many physicians online. They can provide answers based on science and their experience.
- According to the NEJM “in participants with overweight or obesity, 2.4 mg of semaglutide once weekly plus lifestyle intervention was associated with sustained, clinically relevant reduction in body weight”.
- In the clinical study, participants were enrolled in an “intensive” behavioral study with 8 weeks low-calorie diet.
- Yet the media has led with “diabetes drug leads to major weight loss”.
- Will doctors inform patients?
- Health experts, including those on an external advisory committee to the FDA, are skeptical that Biogen’s drug will even successfully slow the progression of Alzheimer’s after late-stage clinical trials yielded mixed results and are angry the FDA approved the product.
- The FDA’s recent approval of aducanumab (Aduhelm) shows just how badly the agency has failed the public.
- In late April, the FDA’s Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee reviewed six accelerated approvals — a provisional pathway — involving a group of cancer immunotherapies where clinical trials had failed to confirm that the drugs extended survival or improved quality of life. Yet, in four of the six cases, the advisory committee voted to keep the accelerated approvals intact. (source: Medpage)
- In response to the FDA’s approval, three members of the Peripheral and Central Nervous System Drugs Advisory Committee who opposed approval of the drug quit the panel in protest.
- Physicians are signaling that they now want to see the “complete date” regarding new drug approvals.
SUMMARY: The media headlines promise weight loss for diabetes patients, but Norvo’s new drug is in the same class as other drugs and carries many warnings. Can diabetes patients really stay adherent to a drug for 63 weeks in which 85% of patients report GI side effects and will insurance cover the cost?
The pandemic has been uniquely stressful for healthcare teams. With some parts of the sector shifting to remote work, that stress tended to build, having a real impact on mental health. It can be hard to manage a remote team, even more so to take care of their mental health, but there are a few steps that every employer can take.
It’s 2021. Trends are a whole lot different from what they were a decade ago. This doesn’t just relate to fashion or hobby choices, either. It’s also highly relevant in the marketing world.
One of the most essential methods to generate organic traffic is content marketing when it comes to marketing. With the right content marketing strategy in place, a website has the ability to do that all-important climb to the first page of Google.
However, to win the content marketing game, you have to forget about the tactics that worked in the past. Forget about keyword stuffing and other outdated SEO methods. Below are a few strategies to implement which ensure your content marketing has a greater overall impact.
SUMMARY: A new survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Purchaser Business Group on Health shows signs that corporate executives might be warming to the idea of government getting more involved to rein in the excesses of the healthcare system. It’s affecting their bottom lines, and they won’t stand for that. Big changes are coming.
QUICK READ: Here are some recent stories that you should all be aware of. Last month I hit 80,000 readers when accounting for email, social media, and direct traffic. I love the industry, and although I want to see some changes, I know there are many good people trying every day to make it happen.