IN SUMMARY: Online health seekers are largely on their own when it comes to health content. Pharma has the opportunity to engage online health seekers via a customer-centered content strategy but it requires a realignment of processes within the organization.Continue reading
- A Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) survey and followup analysis by Kaiser Health News found that 26% of 1,200 respondents said they didn’t have a go-to primary care physician.
- Nearly half (45%) of 18-to-29-year-olds said they didn’t have a primary care doctor.
- Millennials tend to want to have access to care right away, they want it immediately and they want to be able to see a doctor quickly.
- In the United States, 4 out of 10 cancer cases and almost half of all deaths from cancer are associated with preventable risk factors.
- Nearly 20 percent of U.S. cancer diagnoses are related to excess body weight, alcohol intake, poor diet, and physical inactivity.
- Many cases of skin cancer could be prevented by protecting the skin from ultraviolet radiation from the sun and indoor tanning devices. (Source: AACR Cancer Report 2018)
- Physicians do spend time online, but their number one site is still Medscape.
- They don’t have the time to connect with patients with social media and don’t see the value.
- Drug company studies are a good source of information, but they want to “know more”.
- Patients are “rarely’ coming to them asking for advertised drugs.
KEY TAKEAWAY: On Wednesday, Apple released the test version of a new product that lets users download their health records, store them safely and show them to a doctor, caregiver or friend. [inlinetweet prefix=”” tweeter=”” suffix=””]”We view the future as consumers owning their own health data,”[/inlinetweet] Apple Chief Operating Officer Jeff Williams said in an interview with CNBC. Imagine, actually giving consumers what they want! Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) released data showing that 20 million Amazon Echo and 7 million Google Home smart speakers have been purchased by U.S. Consumers in the third quarter of 2017. These figures are significant. Other estimates suggest about 8.5 to 11 million devices will be sold in the U.S. in Q4 2017. [inlinetweet prefix=”” tweeter=”” suffix=””]That means total smart speakers sold and in use will approach 40 million in the U.S. That will represent over 20 million U.S. households and consumer reach exceeding 50 million people[/inlinetweet]. The global smart speaker install base will significantly exceed 40 million units at the close of 2017. There are significant opportunities for health care, but does pharma have innovators who can leverage this technology? Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Pharma marketers are data driven so here are some facts n stats from healthcare this year. Continue reading