QUICK READ: The news in the era of the coronavirus pandemic feels like a tsunami of bad and false information. Wall Street is “betting the ranch” on Moderna whose stock price shot up 20 percent on questionable information.
QUICK READ: If pharma wants to reach HCP’s they have to get more creative and create online HCP portals that really add value and help them manage patient outcomes during this time of transition.
QUICK READ: In 2017, 11 million deaths—or 22 percent—worldwide were caused by poor diet. More specifically? Of these deaths, 9.5 million were due to cardiovascular disease, over 900,000 to diet-related cancers, over 330,000 to diabetes, and over 136,000 to kidney diseases.
QUICK READ: An accelerated timeline for a COVID-19 vaccine is unrealistic as wide-scale testing needs to be implemented in order to ensure the vaccine is safe and effective.
- Nearly one in five (19%) are providing unpaid care to an adult with health or functional needs.
- More Americans (24%) are caring for more than one person up from 18% in 2015.
- More family caregivers (26%) have difficulty coordinating care up from 19% in 2015.
- Family caregiving spans across all generations, including Boomers, Gen-X, Gen-Z, Millennials, and Silent.
- 61% of family caregivers are also working.
QUICK READ: “America is first in the world in deaths, first in the world in infections and we stand out as an emblem of global incompetence. The damage to America’s influence and reputation will be very hard to undo.” William Burns, head of the Carnegie Endowment.
QUICK READ: Maybe pharma companies will learn that they can get more things done without the need for constant meetings as a result of working at home. It’s also a good time to ditch open offices as employees really hate them.
QUICK READ: States lifting stay-at-home orders may not begin to bring patient volumes back for primary care physicians for several months, according to a new survey.