Skip to content
- Recent national surveys show health care costs are a top concern in U.S. households
- In 2017, more than half (56%) of people under age 65 — about 152 million people — had insurance through an employer.
- Average premiums for employer health plans rose sharply in 2017.
- The average annual deductible for single-person policies rose to $1,808 in 2017.
- ombined, average employee premium contributions and potential out-of-pocket spending to meet deductibles across single and family policies rose to $7,240 in 2017 and was $8,000 or more in eight states.