- Only 3% of healthcare advertising is spent on digital.
- Pharma websites are not designed to engage users they are there to strictly inform people about the advertised drug.
- An estimated $7.4 billion (£5.5 billion) was wasted on display ads alone in 2016, a figure that will rise to $10.9 billion (£8 billion) by 2021, according to Forrester.
- Before serving an ad, marketers must gain insight on target audiences. Many take a “spray and pray” approach, hoping to drive performance success.
- According to AdWeek, only 14% of marketers whitelist sites, with 52% estimating that 10-50% of their marketing spend is lost to fraud.
- More than half of paid programming impressions are probably fraudulent , while under even the best-case scenario, one-third of those impressions aren’t viewed by an actual person.
- There is a significant gap between patient expectations and pharma company services when it comes to prescription drugs.
- Patients want pharma companies to “help them” learn about and manage their health problems.
- They also want pharma to provide clear and easy to understand content about their products.
- Real patient stories score very high in credibility and pharma should try and “connect” these people online.
- Patients want a source to “turn to” when they have a question about their medication beyond their doctor or pharmacist.
KEY TAKEAWAY: “How can a pharma company try to sell me a product when they don’t understand what I’m going through?”
KEY TAKEAWAY: While DRG and other research organizations continue to show that people are visiting pharma product websites an analysis of online metrics continues to show that they aren’t meeting the needs of online health seekers. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Pharma product websites, according to the latest qualitative research, are still not providing people with the information that drives them into their doctor’s office to ask for a prescription. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: 85% of the content on pharma product websites, has never been read by visitors so why doesn’t pharma optimize content to keep people on their website longer? Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Each disease condition has unique online characteristics with online health seekers. It’s a mistake to take any “generic” research and apply it all health conditions. Continue reading