- Doctors are increasingly worried about loneliness.
- Vivek Murthy, a former surgeon-general of the United States, called loneliness an epidemic, likening its impact on health to obesity or smoking 15 cigarettes per day.
- A study found that in America people always or often feel lonely.
- A study published in 2010 using this scale estimated that 35% of Americans over 45 were lonely.
- Fair balance in TV commercials is largely ignored.
- Today, people go online for health information and go to pharma product websites BEFORE requesting an Rx.
- The “safety page” on pharma websites is still one of the top page views of the website visitors, but they find the content to hard to understand and confusing.
- Online health seekers are turning to social media more and more to share their experiences with prescription drugs.
KEY TAKEAWAY: ROI driven strategies can be in direct competition with patient needs and wants and erode trust pharma companies even further. By executing a DTC strategy that is more focused on helping and listening pharma can slowly begin the journey to reestablish trust with its customers. Continue reading
It was a longshot, but I decided, for my team, that it was worth the risk. How do we communicate, to pharma marketers buried in research data, the voice of the patient & caregiver. The result left some in tears, but brought a new understanding of what we do is so important. Continue reading