- Over half of U.S. HCPs agree.. “I do not have time to manage all of the data I receive from my patients and outside resources”.
- They spend 3+ hours each day with EHR and other digital sources (4.6 in the US)
- 88% have used, or are interested in using, an ad blocking feature on their smartphones.
- When thinking about pharma, physicians don’t think “Trust”.
62% of U.S. physicians agree “Pharma websites are primarily product advertisements”
- HCP’s are increasingly becoming frustrated with pharma sales people because they “detail” information that is readily available online.
- Most HCP’s go online first thing in the morning and go to HCP sites like Medscape.
- Millennial physicians use mobile devices more than Boomer physicians.
- Even with the medical and scientific information online many physicians complain that the data released by pharma companies doesn’t “tell the whole story”.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Manhattan Research study finds that pharma sales tactics haven’t kept pace with the evolving behavior and information needs of today’s physicians. In addition KRC Research found that Most physicians recognize and value contributions made by pharmaceutical and biotech companies, but they do not use this information in isolation. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Pharma salespeople don’t add value to physicians and even MSL’s are becoming addicted to “canned” data and rehearsed presentations. Unless pharma can talk to HCP’s one on one, as peers, no sales people, time spent with doctors is going to continue to decline. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Current European CME is very fragmented in both standards and enforcement and unlike the United States pharma companies can directly influence/promote CME in Europe. Penetration of online CME in the US is approx 60%, but in Europe that number is much lower at 20-30% because of lax enforcement. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Every year social media, Twitter, has been increasing during ASCO. Not only among doctors and pharma companies, but among patients and caregivers as well. It’s time to separate the facts from the promotion at ASCO. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Medscape has been the number one physician portal for a long time, but can sites, like Up To Date, compete against Medscape with a business model that doesn’t include pharma? Continue reading