- Apple has been in talks with at least three private Medicare plans about subsidizing the Apple Watch for people over 65 to use as a health tracker.
- Insurers are exploring ways to subsidize the cost of the device for those who can’t afford the $279 price tag.
- It’s the segment of health insurance with the highest dollar revenue and margin per member
- But can seniors really understand how to use the watch with updates?
- Lilly has decided to inform patients about the list price for Trulicity on their website.
- The information may add to patient anger and raise more questions.
- What makes a drug worth $8000 a year and who get’s the money?
At first it seems like good news. Retail drug spending slowed substantially to 0.4 percent, but hidden in another category, Physician and Clinical Services, spending increased. Drugs which are infused in a clinical setting are included in this category, such as cancer drugs and drugs for MS.Continue reading
- A study showing that one in four insulin-treated patients surveyed at an urban US diabetes center were found to be cutting back on insulin use because of cost has been published.
- The survey results also reveal that cost-related insulin underuse was associated with worse glycemic control and that more than a third of patients did not discuss the insulin underuse with their clinicians.
- Of those who completed the survey, 25.5% (51) reported cost-related insulin underuse.
- Healthcare is already changing substantially.
- Among the changes are “walk-in” clinics and concierge hospitals.
- Changes will focus around two guiding principles: lowering costs and improving the patient experience.
- Content marketing when compared to paid search, gets three times the leads per dollar spent.
- Web sites publishing 16-plus posts a month get almost 3.5 times more traffic than businesses publishing zero to four articles.
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day.
- Online health seekers are overwhelmed with the mount of online health content and 85% would prefer to get all their questions answered on ONE site.
- [inlinetweet prefix=”” tweeter=”” suffix=””]U.S. adults, internet use for health information is vast and growing; 8 in 10 adults say they use the internet for health and wellness purposes, an increase of 13% since 2015. (Source: Kantar)[/inlinetweet]
- T[inlinetweet prefix=”” tweeter=”” suffix=””]two in five ailment sufferers have seen or heard healthcare advertising on the internet or on a mobile device within the last year. (Kantar)[/inlinetweet]
- Among the 61% of patients who had researched prescription drugs online in the past 12 months, 34% had requested a specific prescription drug at least once.
Among patients who had requested an Rx, 25% were prompted to do so by a TV ad and 25% by ads seen online. (DRG)
- [inlinetweet prefix=”” tweeter=”” suffix=””]An average 80 DTC ads air every hour on TV[/inlinetweet] (Axios)