- Digital healthcare marketing is too important to use a “digital marketing group”.
- An embedded eMarketing person can gain understandings about your market and how best to reach them.
- They can also manage the agency to ensure that the metrics they provide are meaningful.
- None of the studies showed patient improvements in quality of life, blood pressure, weight, or body mass index. More rigorous and longer-term research studies could determine whether apps help people manage their diabetes and reduce complications.
- Some apps for diabetes self-management may improve outcomes in the short-term, but the effect cannot be distinguished from the concomitant effect of additional support from a health care provider.
KEY TAKEAWAY: According to Comscore “within the US, apps were responsible for 88% of mobile consumption in December . That compares with 87% in June, according to prior ComScore data, with app usage at that time relatively equal on smartphones (88%) and tablets (87%). Can pharma companies really leverage apps for business objectives? Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: Theranos, led by CEO and founder Elizabeth Holmes, raised more than $700 million on the promise of a revolutionary blood-testing technology that never materialized. The Securities and Exchange Commission just charged Holmes with “massive fraud.” Yet shouldn’t the investors have done their “due diligence” before investing money into a promise that was too good to be true? Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: There are many candidates: at least 150 firms globally are developing some form of “digital therapeutic”. Unlike other sorts of digital health apps, digiceuticals have been tested for efficacy, approved by regulatory agencies such as the FDA and are prescribed by a doctor. Continue reading
KEY TAKEAWAY: 85% of the content on pharma product websites, has never been read by visitors so why doesn’t pharma optimize content to keep people on their website longer? Continue reading