Research, facts and commentary on today's healthcare
- Drug companies indicate that price increases are coming in 2019 adding more fuel to the fire for “Medicare for all”.
- The average American is heavier than at the start of the 21st Century — and very close to being obese, according to the Centers for Disease Control data on body metrics.
- Nearly three in 10 Americans are delaying healthcare treatments because of their cost, a Gallup survey said Monday.
- More than one-third of women in the U.S. report skipping needed medical care because of costs, a far higher rate than the other countries included in the study.
- After climbing modestly between 2011 and 2016, average premiums for employer health plans rose sharply in 2017.