Commentary and thoughts on health care
- 89 percent of the public favors requiring the Food and Drug Administration [FDA] to review prescription-drug ads for accuracy before they are broadcast.
- A survey of patients by Prevention Magazine in 2012 showed that
- Prevention’s survey also found that and among those who discussed a specific medicine that was advertised with their physician,
- Fair balance in DTC TV ads is not necessary as the vast majority of patients will go online to learn about drug side effects.
- Drug companies are left out of social media conversations because they lack FDA guidelines.